Tired of paying a lot of money for electricity? Unfortunately, without this expense item it is impossible to imagine the modern world, but each of us can easily reduce it. In this article, we will learn how to save energy at home, without using technically complex devices and prohibited methods. Let's start!
The most energy-consuming electrical appliances
First, let's determine where exactly the kilowatts of our energy go.
The most "voracious" appliances:
- Refrigerator - 30 kW;
- Electric heater - 60 kW;
- Boiler - 180 kW;
- Computer - 45 kW;
- TV - 20 kW.
It is easy to guess that we are going to restrict the functioning of these devices, but how to do this without significant damage, because without them it is difficult to even imagine everyday life? Let's find out now.
How to start saving kilowatts of electricity
- Defrost the refrigerator more often. Ice on the walls of the freezer significantly increases energy consumption and no electricity is consumed during defrosting.
- Forget about the habit of opening the refrigerator door without doing anything. The chambers absorb heat and consumption increases.
- Remember to turn off the laptop and the computer. Even in standby mode, they consume electricity.
- Don't get carried away by heaters. Try to make the most of all the ways to insulate your apartment. There are many options, the main thing is to eliminate drafts on the windows.
- Remember! Any electrical appliance consumes negligible energy even when it is turned off, so unplug it.
- Very common but important advice: when you leave the room, turn off the light, just like the TV, which is always on somewhere in the background.
- Try to monitor the quality of electrical appliances and their useful life. Saving is a trend in the production of any equipment today. Also monitor the wiring status.
We did almost everything possible, it remains only to introduce these rules into a habit.
We are talking about technological innovations that reduce energy consumption.
Under laboratory conditions, a high quality LED lamp can be 9 times more economical than an incandescent lamp and serve 30-50 thousand hours. Although our daily lives are not comparable to the conditions of a laboratory, these lamps have another important advantage - the possibility of repair in case of breakdown. Although these lamps are more expensive than conventional ones, your purchase will definitely pay off.
The working principle of such devices is based on the reduction of voltage drops in the network and guarantees the stability in the functioning of electrical devices. Read the instructions carefully if you decide to use them!
Mostly suitable only for private homes, they are expensive and energy-efficient. However, there are devices on the market with integrated solar panels, such as lamps. Put them in place and they will be charged by sunlight until nightfall, and they will use the accumulated electricity at night.
Indicated for those who use boilers and boilers to heat water, the thermostat allows them to be turned off when heated to a certain temperature.
The above methods and devices can help you to reduce energy consumption and save a lot of money.
I would also like to say that saving electricity is not only a budget benefit, but also a huge benefit for humanity. So, let's take care of our planet's ecology together with a nice benefit for us!