As everyone knows, incandescent light bulbs have a subtle flicker, which, when a person spends too long in the room, negatively affects their vision. For those who are used to it, this flicker can be completely invisible, but for people with sensitive nerve endings in the eyeball, it can cause inconvenience and also lead to irritability. Therefore, LED lamps were invented that do not have this type of defect. They also don't have harmful radiation like ultraviolet and infrared light. In fact, this is its main operating principle. Due to this type of radiation, the eyes become overworked and, as a result, the person may lose sight after some time. Among other things, energy saving is an important factor. An LED light is much more economical than incandescent light bulbs, but the price of a diode light is much higher. So, in this article, we're going to tell you how to choose an LED stand and analyze the question:Do LED lamps save energy?. . .
Advantages and disadvantages
As mentioned above, the main advantage of LED lamps is energy saving and, in our country, energy saving is the key to comfortable living. Furthermore, the design of these luminaires is very elegant, which gives a room or room a certain charm and attractiveness. In European countries, incandescent lamps are no longer used. Furthermore, there are even special legislation programs to eradicate the production of these lamps and their use in everyday life.
It is important to note that common light bulbs "burn out" very often. The poor quality of the hair on the filament leads to the failure of the lamp itself, which can only be replaced. LED lamps, or as they are popularly called energy saving lamps, rarely become unusable and their life expectancy is 1 to 5 years, sometimes even longer. This long service life resides in its structure.
LED lighting fixtures are made from a variety of materials and also provide different shape types. On the market you can find them for all tastes and colors, as well as choose the lamp that best suits your interior, as there are lamps for general lighting (main) and for decoration. Don't forget a factor like very high light output. For example, a 15 W bulb provides light for all 120 while the voltage consumption is minimal.
The disadvantage of these lamps is their cost, as well as the fact that the lamps cannot be changed frequently from one location to another, otherwise their lifetime will be significantly reduced.
How to choose
When choosing the type of luminaire to buy, we advise you to pay attention to two factors: manufacturer and characteristics. The number of manufacturers is huge, allowing you to choose exactly the lamp that best suits you. Production takes place in every country in the world, but China is still the main supplier.
However, the aspect that needs to be focused on is the product's features. Namely:
- Limiting characteristics, ie power, glow temperature, angles, brightness, etc. The features are directly proportional to the manufacturer. In other words, the malfunction of the employees can often be associated with incorrectly provided information about the device's characteristics;
- The device of the lighting device itself, its appearance. This is worth paying attention to, because only you know how this or that lamp will fit inside you. The lamp may become unusable as it does not fit its purpose;
- Check the properties of the power supply and microcircuits. It is important to take into account that not every employee works at low temperatures, for example, outdoors in winter. Furthermore, voltage drops in the electrical network are taken into account, as they affect the durability of the luminaire as a whole. Therefore, before using, read the safety precautions and instructions for use;
- Expensive LED bulbs often have diodes that can be replaced in the event of a failure. It is also worth paying attention, as normally the life of these lamps is high, but due to the possibility of repair it increases a lot, as it is cheaper to buy replaceable diodes than the lamp itself;
- In addition to an indicator of the quality of the luminaire, the box must contain a detailed file with all information about the characteristics and instructions for use. That's what every self-respecting manufacturer does.
Don't forget about counterfeits as they have a place to be in the market. It's impossible to check this with the naked eye, but there are special labs where you can check if your equipment is fake. Though it's important to note that counterfeits are sometimes not inferior in quality to the original.
Energy Savings Calculation
As mentioned above, the main advantage of LED lamps is energy saving. This saving resides in the fact that, with low energy consumption, a large amount of light radiation is generated per unit.
Below, we provide a comparison table of some lamps compared to LED. Perhaps the main characteristic of a lamp is its light emission, which is measured in lumens (Lm).
|Incandescent lamp power (W)||Fluorescent lamp, power (W)||LED lamp power (W)||Luminous flux (lm), medium|
|60||15-16||8 to 10||700|
The choice is obvious, but it's worth considering the fact that all "employees" emit light energy with a narrow focus. On boxes, manufacturers usually indicate this parameter, so you should carefully consider the choice of lighting device so that it does not cause discomfort. There is also a parameter like color heat transfer, or more simply the light emission color. Incandescent lamps have only one shade, yellow, an LED lamp has several colors and shades. This is also done for the convenience of lighting the premises, depending on the buyer's need.
So, from all that has been exposed, we can conclude that, among all lighting fixtures on the market, it is more profitable to carry an LED lamp, in order to save electricity and, consequently, your money.
We hope this article has given you an answer to the question of whether LED light bulbs are energy efficient and it is true.